Re: TR3A cam

To: Bob and Nancy <wises@mail.execpc.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A cam
From: "Mike Thompson" <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 21:23:09 -0400
Hi Bob,
Don't go any larger or wilder than you NEED to. Every cam has an operating
range or a RPM range it is designed for. If you get a cam that makes it's
torque and HP's from 4000 to 6000, that will do you little good. My TR3
cruises at 60-65mph at around 3000 to 3500. I think I got a mild race or hot
street cam that operates at 2800 to 5500rpm. When I hit 2800 RPM I can feel
the car take off or "come on cam." Racers drive at wide open throttle and
high RPM's. You will not get much benefit from that type of cam.
I hope this helps your cam shopping.
Cheers,
Mike