Re: Carpet Question

To: Ct54531@aol.com
Subject: Re: Carpet Question
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 18:51:22 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jim, see my answers in your message below.

In a message dated 23-Sep-00 10:10:35 Eastern Daylight Time, Ct54531@aol.com
writes:

> hmm what is it called? -- the arch over the tunnel where the radio is.

"Bracket, support, facia to floor assembly"

>  Does the carpet go under the feet of that piece or over it? Does it go
over
>  it but the heads of the bolts are visible?

Goes over it and nothing is visible.  FWIW -- The original configuration was
NO carpet on the floor pans forward of the seats.  It was covered with rubber
mat and cocoa underpads.  These are now made of "unobtanium."

> Also, while I'm at it. The "arch"
>  came out fairly easily but it is now utterly jammed against the floor when
>  the padded top, just under the radio, is put in place.

What "padded top" are you talking about? The radio is in a steel cut-out
which bolts to the underside of the dash and then is bolted directly to the
top of the brace.  Under that are the heater controls which are mounted in
three holes cut into the brace itself.   Sounds as if you have something in
there (i.e. this "padded top) which is lowering the brace and causing the
problem

>Jammed to the extent that I have to hammer the legs back and its scraping
the >newly painted floor pans badly. Am I missing the obvious about getting
that piece back in?

The only other thing I can see, besides that "padded top" which you
mentioned, is that your dash has fallen.  But that doesn't sound logical.

> If the answer to my first question is that the carpet goes under the feet,
I can't
>  imagine how I'm going to get it there with the feet already wedged in and
>  they're not even all the way back yet.
>  Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

 Right on.  See above.  Hope that  helps.  If not come back to me.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L  (original owner/factory pickup)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant