Top frame side weatherstrips

To: stag@digest.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Top frame side weatherstrips
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 18:51:26 EDT
Guys, I have the two rubber weather strips that seal the top of driver's side
door against the top frame.  They are new (Rimmer Bros.) but appear to be
quite a bit longer than the ones on the other side of the car.  It also looks
like they will have to be cut in length to fit without overlapping.  2
questions.

1) If I cut them, how close should they finally be when installed.  The ones
on the other side of the car do not touch when the top is up.  I don't think
that the passenger's side ones are original.

2) What suggestions do you have for getting the strips into the retainers?
Dishwashing soap?  Silicon spray?  Thanks.

Art Kelly '73 Stag MkII