Carpet Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carpet Question
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 10:06:17 EDT
Once again, I failed to notice something before I took something out. Now as
I go to put it back, I'm not sure of the proper set up.
I refer (this time) to the carpet in the front sections as it relates to the
-- hmm what is it called? -- the arch over the tunnel where the radio is.
Does the carpet go under the feet of that piece or over it? Does it go over
it but the heads of the bolts are visible? Also, while I'm at it. The "arch"
came out fairly easily but it is now utterly jammed against the floor when
the padded top, just under the radio, is put in place. Jammed to the extent
that I have to hammer the legs back and its scraping the newly painted floor
pans badly. Am I missing the obvious about getting that piece back in? If the
answer to my first question is that the carpet goes under the feet, I can't
imagine how I'm going to get it there with the feet already wedged in and
they're not even all the way back yet.
Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

Jim
CT54531L
65 4A