Re; Road and Track

To: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Subject: Re; Road and Track
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 10:26:32 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Michael Marr wrote:
I wonder how many of us are steam enthusiasts?  I, too, am an ex-pat and
also am a railway modeller, who hopes to build a layout based on the London,
Tilbury & Southend Railway in my basement one day.  This tends to be
difficult - there are not too many hobby shops carrying English prototype
model railway equipment in Wisconsin!
Does this qualify me for a size XXXL anorak?

Absolutely, Michael. We're all anoraks of varying types regarding our hobbies -
and long
may this continue. The only difference I suppose is the amount of simulated
rabbit fur
around the hood to show the level of commitment. AFA the LT&SR is concerned,
would you
like me to obtain the overseas mailing address so you can subscribe to Railway
Modeller?
I'm currently working on a cunning looped eight layout in N gauge for my coffee
table
following God's Wonderful Railway as the prototype. Got to have some sort of
distraction
for the wet, winter nights! Previous exposure to this particular hobby has
convincingly
proved a shunting exercise when you get home from work is a marvellous antidote
for
classic car enthusiasts <G>

Jonmac