Re: Commission Numbers

To: one_ton3@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Commission Numbers
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:41:17 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 09/18/2000 8:27:31 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
one_ton3@hotmail.com writes:

> I recently had a conversation with a fellow who restores Cobras. From the
>  sounds of his story, there will soon be more original Cobras on the road
>  than ever left Shelby's factory. The reason is ground up restorations of
>  commission plates. A proper donor car can supply enough seeds to make a
>  dozen or more original automobiles.
>
>  Mike Singleton

Reminds me of when I bought an RX7 in 1982...I bought it from a body man
known for rebuilding totals and I really didn't care as long as I got a good
deal.  I figured a full front clip, or maybe a rear clip, or worst case,
both.  Turns out the only original part of the car was the dash with the VIN
plate.

I sold it back 3 months later after trying to trade it on a new Mazda.
Dealer wouldn't let in on his lot.  When we tried to trace the engine number,
it wasn't even on file, and the VIN indicated the car was wrecked in
Anchorage, Alaska...I bought the rebuilt "car" in Waco, TX!

RH