PDWA o-rings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: PDWA o-rings
From: Jeff Arrowsmith <jarrow@dlcwest.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 22:35:40 -0600

>Message text written by "Rob Switzer"
>>My PDWA in my 69 GT6 Plus has been leaking ever since I took it apart and
>cleaned it out.  I have looked everywhere for new o-rings including the
>Triumph suppliers, Home Depot and an o-ring manufacture.  Since I'm unable
>to get new o-rings I'm thinking of taking out the sensor and plugging up
>the
>hole with a bolt.  Does anyone have a good reason why I should not plug up
>the hole other than the fact that the warning light will not work?
><
>
>Rob,
>
>The purpose of the PDWA is to warn the driver of a slow leak in one of the
>braking circuits that would go unnoticed by the driver based on pedal feel
>and brake performance.
>
>Since a vast majority of the Triumph owners today are quite well tuned to
>how their car is behaving and we are always analyzing the puddles left
>behind.  If your braking system is good shape and you regularly check your
>fluid level you will probably notice just such a failure before it becomes
>life threatening.
>
>Of course, a catastrophic failure such as a hose rupture will be first
>noticed by the fact that the pedal goes to the floor and the light will not
>be necessary.  And no rational person would expect a simple switch can
>predict such a failure before it happens.
>
>The chioce is yours.  You can plug it with a bolt or replace the PDWA with
>another or continue to search for O-rings.  Or all the above.
>
>Good luck
>
>Dave

Okay.........what's the deal with non-British Leyland rubber o-rings?.
Every time I try to replace an orginal o-ring with  a Canadian
Tire/Walmart/Princess Auto/Machine shop 0-ring it never fits?. Too small.
.....too big. I have a kit with both metric and standard sizes. What's
going on here?????

Jeff.A