Re: TR6 PI: Lucas pump part needed

To: "Tony Gordon" <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject: Re: TR6 PI: Lucas pump part needed
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 11:35:06 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Tony
What seems to be the problem with the Bosch system, have you removed the
original Lucas cav filter and replaced it with a Bosch high pressure unit.
The Bosch pumps do not like to pull a vacuum on the inlet side, hence the
reason some vehicles use a high volume low pressure pump to keep the high
pressure pump supplied. I did not go this route on mine as the pump has
quite a gravity feed to it from the tank. I know there have been many posts
to the list saying that certain experts say the borsch pump will happily
pull through the Lucas filter, but this has not been my experience. Is your
pump new or second hand? Both the pumps I tried were second hand but the
first one made a bit of noise and did not perform well, the second one I got
is much quieter and performs well. I have an image I can send you showing
the layout I used. The car is not concourse by a long shot and as I had
already spent many £100's on the engine / metering unit, the pump circuit in
the boot was cobbled up as cheap as possible, but it does work.

Graham.
2.5 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite
2000 MKI