Specific TR3A color (silverstone grey)

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Specific TR3A color (silverstone grey)
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 18:43:42 EDT
The build sheet for my car states that it is Silverstone Grey.  I brought one
of the body panels to an automotive paint shop and on the second attempt they
were able to "tweak" the computer formula and match the color perfectly.
Silverstone Grey is a warm light grey that is considerably lighter than the
gray #271 PPG primer that I used.  To some individuals it must still look
like primer because several have recently asked me what color I was going to
paint the car, even though I have just finished painting and buffing the car.
 Not exactly the reaction that I was looking for.  But in all fairness it is
a little plain looking due to the fact that the body is on the chassis sans
all hardware and trim.

Good luck on your search for the perfect grey.  If Triumph was still in
business their search would probably continue even today.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A TS58399