Re: Moving to New Jersey

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: Re: Moving to New Jersey
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:55:24 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 5:25 AM

>FWIW, California used to require a tailpipe sniffer test on all cars that
>changed hands within the state, even those that had no requirement for
>emissions equipment (like my 59 TR3A).  NJ may well still be requireing
>sniffer tests, even on 'pre-smog' cars.

So, what standards does it have to pass?

And what if it does not pass them?

This seems like a retroactive law to me.  Has nobody challanged it in
federal court?

Phil "nobody is testing my cars, and I like that" Ethier
Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green