Re: accidents in triumphs

To: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: accidents in triumphs
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 17:19:41 -0400
I've not had an accident in a TR6, however, I did manage to total an Austin
Healey Sprite in 1974. I was surprised at the amount of damage the Sprite
took and I still came out alive. The frame was bent upwards about a foot in
the middle of the car. I only had a broken nose  with which  I had taken
out the steering wheel. My passenger had a mild concussion when his head
went into the windshield.( Wasn't wearing his seat belt). The 7 cars that I
hit that night were pretty badly damaged, but the Healey just kept going.
I've not experienced a roll-over in an LBC and given the way I used to
drive, I would wonder just what it would take to get into a roll-over
situation. I've done many 360's in LBC's and have never been able to get
one to feel like it's going to flip.

I feel safer in my Triumph than in any vehicle I've ever owned.
Of course, as I said , I no longer drive like I used to.

Cheers,

Jeff Johnson
1976 TR6
Still off the road for major rebuild
Looks like I'll miss the entire summer of fun. Oh well. After 24 years,
what's 6 months?