Re: business ethics

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: business ethics
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 18:53:03 -0700
Cc: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <spitfires@autox.team.net>

David Massey wrote:

> Many parts counters do this.    But if he doesn't refund money lumping this
> on top is just additional insult.
>
> If I were in business I might institute these types of things but I would
> wave them in all cases excep for my "problem" customers.  I wouldn't
> implement them across the board.

And you just might find yourself in Dutch with the authorities for unfair
pricing practices.  If you list prices, you have to stick
with them.  Discounts must be done according to a published discount schedule
based on some formula (like volume).  Generally, problem
customers are handled by the old "We reserve the right to refuse service to
anyone." statement.

Joe