RE: starting a new 6 engine

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: starting a new 6 engine
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:23:24 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
G Spencer wrote :

> OK, now I'm beginning to see.  I set the timing staticly by
> turning the
> engine over (while it was out of the car) unitll I felt air
> coming OUT of
> the spark plug hole then placed a "stick" in the plug hole to
> find TDC
> (which was about 12 deg BTC).  I then lined the dizzy rotor
> up exactly with
> the #1 wire in the rotor. So far am I right?

Yes, I believe that's right.  Go back to that setting.  Of course, then
you'll need to actually set the timing to 12 BTDC, using a test light or
some such to see when the points open.

BTW, like most engines, the valve furthest forward is an exhaust valve.
Intake valves are grouped together as much as possible.

Randall