Re: Tr3a Wipers

To: "Christopher Ball" <cball@oct.on.ca>, "'Bill Taylor'" <Tmade96@erols.com>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tr3a Wipers
From: "Mike Barron" <jmikebarron@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 08:36:14 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, finally someone sets me straight......I noticed the same thing
on my TR3 and questioned my local mechanic about this several years
ago.   He told me that this was one of the 50 or so TR3s built
especially for Her Majesty's Secret Service, and the E terminal
connected to the passenger side ejection seat.    However, on two
occasions the boys on the line at the factory installed the ejection
apparatus on the drivers side.   Needless to say, when the wiper
switch was engaged in the proper manner, the charges fired, seriously
injuring the driver as he was projected up and through the steering
wheel.

Subsequently, according to my mechanic, all the 50 TR3s were
decommissioned, except for those that were sent to Guatemala in
exchange for hostages.   I suppose he was lying when he told me that
lever shocks were illegal, and would cost $1200 each to replace off
the black market?  Damn!