Was: IT'S ALIVE and smooooth

To: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Subject: Was: IT'S ALIVE and smooooth
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:34:19 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Ken Waringa"
>However, one cure leads to the next problem.  While I was under the car to
measure the movement of the clutch fork (5/8") I saw the rubber was off the
end of the slave cylinder.  I put it back on, had my son press the clutch
pedal, and the rubber came off again.  The reason the rubber keeps coming
off is that the piston is pushing it off each time you press the clutch
(got
out from under the car, another drink of beer).  I assume the piston being
out so far is where I'm getting the air in the system.  What now?  Is there
a longer rod available from the slave cylinder to the fork?  New clutch
time?  The clutch seems good with no noticeable slippage.  Am I in danger
of
the piston coming all the way out and leaving me stranded?

As always thanks for all the advise.

Ken Waringa
<

Sorry, Ken what kind of car was it?  If it is a TR6 (with out the
adjustable push rod) then there is a likelyhood of the taper pin is broken
and the crank arm is turned too far causing overextension of the piston.

Sorry

Dave