j-type overdrive hiccup

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: j-type overdrive hiccup
From: Crazeecooter@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 11:43:49 EDT
The frame off is complete...pretty much...and took the TR6 for a couple of test
drives.  I am a little concerned because the overdrive tends to disengage every
now and then periodically.  If I wait a few secons and re-engage it it usually
works for awhile.

This does not happen when I hit bumps or anything...and I am pretty sure that
all the connections are tight.

Also, during the frameoff I replaced the solenoid, all the wiring, and the
switch into the steering column.  The only thing I didn't replace is the
pressure switch located on top of the transmission.

Right before the frameoff I had the overdrive rebuilt entirely b/c it had blown
somehow.  I am wondering if the mechanic did a faulty job on the rebuild...or
is this definately some kind of electrical problem.

Needless to say I am not quite the happy camper I hoped to be because I spent a
whole heap of money on this thing and it is less then perfect.  Any advice or
support would be appreciated.