Re: Steering Wheel Reconditioning

To: Philip Haldeman <haldeman@accessone.com>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Reconditioning
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:04:48 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Phil,
You and I are sounding like politicians with all the waffling!  I just
looked in John Thomason's, "Triumph Spitfire and GT6, A Guide to
Originality" and found several references to the Later Spit and GT6
wheels being the same as used on the TR6, but nowhere in any of the
descriptions did it mention leather.  The earlier ones however did
specifically say they were leather wrapped.

On the center horn ring pad, I doubt seriously that any of them were
ever done in leather.  Although some were molded to look like leather,
it doesn't take much scrutiny to reveal that they are rubber (or some
synthetic).

Regards,
Joe

--