Re: Steering Wheel Reconditioning

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Reconditioning
From: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:35:10 -0800 (PST)
try your local feed supply, places that sell horse feed and such carry leather
conditioners that are a far sight better than the auto parts stores.

--- Jeff Scarbrough <jeff@negia.net> wrote:

> At 05:59 PM 1/21/00 -0800, you wrote:
>
> >Update and (tentative) conclusion: I think it's a genuine leather
> >rim
>
> Centuries ago when I sold auto parts, there was a substance recommended by
> Rolls-Royce for leather conditioning called, IIRC, "Hide Food"  I don't
> recall now who made it, nor do I know if it's still available, but I hope
> this will ring a bell with someone....if it's good enough for a Silver
> Ghost, it ought to be barely adequate for a Triumph...
>
> Jeff Scarbrough

=====
larry (I hope someday to Drive my triumph) hooven 1979 spitfire fm99248u,
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311/index.html
"Second place is just the first loser"   -John Force
"A postitive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort" - herm albright
Do You Yahoo!?