Re: Steering Wheel Reconditioning

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Reconditioning
From: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:35:36 -0800charset="Windows-1252"
Thanks to those who responded to my steering-wheel question.  But I
apparently misled folks as to the nature of this original TR6 wheel.  A
couple of you say the rim is NOT leather, but a kind of rubbery vinyl.
That's what I thought at first, too.  But a friend talked me out of it.
Well, if it's not leather, they did a great job of imitating leather.  And
most of you who responded assumed it was!

Assuming it's an imitation, I've found that products like Armor All and
Keyston vinyl conditioners leave a sticky residue that feels horrible on a
steering wheel for a long time.  Are there any other suggestions for
re-conditioning it?  I'm now presuming this is not a leather rim.

Phil Haldeman
haldeman@accessone.com