Re: $21,500 for a TR6 - Who is the fool

To: <RaceF1@aol.com>, <JackR@shriverco.com>, <jim_hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: $21,500 for a TR6 - Who is the fool
From: "Beth & Ken" <bethken@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:45:31 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Over $40,000 invested on a TR6 ???? I know it's got to be possible, but I'd
love to know how. I restored my Europa TC to concours condition for about
$10,000 above what I bought the car for ($6,500). Certainly these guys paid
somebody to do the restoration...right? I'll go back to my "stupid"
comments. If you restore a 1967 Vette, and spend $40,000 to get a $40,000
car out of it, you have something. It costs no less to restore a TR6, or a
Yugo for that matter, to the same standards, but what do you have when
you're done?

ken shapiro
baltimore
1970 GT6+ KC81872L]