Re: TR Control Head

Subject: Re: TR Control Head
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 21:32:07 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "John Gillis" <jgillis@tcd.ie>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
As I recall my new control head was also from TRF.  I was able to get the
wires through by cutting just 1 of the connectors off.  I replaced it with a
crimp-on (no, I don't want to start the debate about solder versus crimping
again).

I did feed a string through first and pulled the wires through with the
string.  I don't recall having much difficulty after cutting that 1
connector off.

In regard to the suggestion about vaseline, a silicone spray may work better
in that it would leave less of a mess.

Bob