Re: TR Control Head

Subject: Re: TR Control Head
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 01:31:55 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John :

If your harness is correctly made, the bullet connectors are staggered
so they are "head to toe" instead of "side by side".  In that
configuration, they can be pulled through the stator tube.  The last
time I did it, I used a length of fairly light solid steel wire
(sometimes called baling wire), which was looped around the harness
behind the last bullet connector and before the cloth outer jacket.  I
then wrapped a layer of plastic electrical tape starting on the cloth
jacket and covering the wires and bullet connectors.  From there, it was
reasonably easy to feed the baling wire through the stator tube, and
then use the wire to pull the harness through.  It almost needs two
people, one to guide (and encourage) the harness into the stator tube,
the other to pull on the baling wire, but I accomplished it without
help.

There is no wire attached to the brass ring, it is grounded through the
stator tube and/or steering column.  Only the 4 wires of the harness run
through the stator tube.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver