Re: Oil Pressure

Subject: Re: Oil Pressure
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 00:55:29 -0800
Cc: triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
David :

Assuming you still have the original oil filter head (with the spin-on
adapter bolted to it), there are 4 bolts that hold the head to the
block.  The bolt furthest forward on the engine, directly underneath the
distributor, is supposed to be a stud.  The oil pressure gauge
connection is a banjo fitting that goes over that stud.  There are also
two copper washers (of different sizes) and a special acorn-like nut.
If you have the Haynes TR2/3/4 manual, you can see the pipe in photo
63.4 on page 51, and also in photo 24.3 on page 33 (which is upside
down).

>From the banjo fitting, a steel line runs along the engine and turns up
behind the fuel pump, where it has a clip attached to the rear fuel pump
stud.  There is then a length of flexible line, and another steel line
to the gauge.

At least, thats the way my TR3A is, and the TR4 pictures in the Haynes
look the same.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver