Re: Floor Pan Rust Removal

To: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Subject: Re: Floor Pan Rust Removal
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:59:50 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Erik Quackenbush wrote:

> At 12:54 PM 8/26/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >
> >Am I correct in my understanding that POR-15 is intended to be literally
> >painted over rust? In other words, If I have surface rust and use this
> >stuff, will it neutralize and protect against future problems? How bad can
> >the rust be and still be "fixed" by this product? I have a couple of areas
> >on my '3 that have minor rust and was planning to use POR. Thanks.
>
> I used a similar product called Corroless from the Eastwood Company.
> I used a wire brush to clean all of the loose stuff from the floor pans and
> then just painted over the rust per the instructions. So far so good...
>
> If you're interested: http://www.eastwoodco.com
>
> -Erik
>
> --
> Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
> 1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com

*****This Corroless looks like great stuff for stopping rust and serving to
protect metal including undercarriage. Suppose to be used on painting off-shore
oil rigs. It comes in both a spray on can and liquid. But, I was wondering how
well this works. Getting ready to do interior floors on my TR6 after welding
and seams have been  sealed.  And planned to use this on underbody and closed
spaces on a Sprite.  Even thought of just painting it on, as the liquid can not
be thinned too much. Best of luck. D. Michael