Re: Floor Pan Rust Removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Floor Pan Rust Removal
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:17:52 -0500
At 12:54 PM 8/26/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Am I correct in my understanding that POR-15 is intended to be literally
>painted over rust? In other words, If I have surface rust and use this
>stuff, will it neutralize and protect against future problems? How bad can
>the rust be and still be "fixed" by this product? I have a couple of areas
>on my '3 that have minor rust and was planning to use POR. Thanks.

I used a similar product called Corroless from the Eastwood Company.
I used a wire brush to clean all of the loose stuff from the floor pans and
then just painted over the rust per the instructions. So far so good...

If you're interested: http://www.eastwoodco.com

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com