we don't need no steenkin' navigation system

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: we don't need no steenkin' navigation system
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:42:33 -0400 ()
Per the following news item: A show of hands, please, for all of you whose
Triumphs were affected yesterday...I thought as much. ;-)

NAVIGATION SYSTEMS FAIL IN SOME JAPANESE CARS
In Japan, the navigation systems using the satellite-based Global
Positioning System failed to operate correctly in some Japanese cars
yesterday, because they had been designed to count to only 1,024 weeks and
when the maximum was reached on Sunday the clocks reset to zero.  Pioneer
Corp., a major manufacturer of the navigation systems, is fixing them for
free, and says that newer GPS models are designed to compensate for the
clock rollover.  (Reuters/New York Times 23 Aug 99)
http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/99/08/biztech/articles/23gps.html/

Copyright 1999. NewsScan Daily (R) is a publication of NewsScan.com Inc.

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,  *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22) *