RE: TR3 Windshield

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Windshield
From: "Dave Lee" <djflee@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 19:01:29 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
I have replaced the screen on my TR2 on two occasions with not too much
hassle, it is certainly not as daunting a job as it first looks. The easiest
way I have found to put the glass into the frame is to first place the
folded rubber strip around the glass and hold it in place with cellotape (UK
brand name for clear domestic sticky tape). The frame and the glass can then
be mated using a lot of patience and a little persuasion with a rubber
mallet . Once the whole is screwed tight together the cellotape can be
trimmed so that it cannot be seen. My biggest problem has been replacing the
screws which seem to be tapered and unusual sizes.
Hope this helps.

Dave Lee
1955 TR2
Scotland