Re: TR3 Control Head problem

To: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@att.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Control Head problem
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 20:54:34 -0400
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
If you've got one of the original cloth covered harnesses, there's a chance
that the harness cover itself it breaking up and wedging the wires in place.
By removing the gland nut at the botton of the steering box where the wires
come out, you should be able to withdraw the entire stator tube, with the
wires in it. Once you've done that, you can disassemble the control head,
disconnect the wires from inside it, and pull them in the opposite direction
through the stator tube.

Also, while you're pulling, have you got someone feeding the wires into the
stator tube at the bottom? It helps if someone is forcing them in while
someone is pulling at the other end.

--
George Richardson
The Wyvern - '57 TR3, TS15559L - http://www.merlingroupinc.com/tr3.htm