TR3 Control Head problem

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Control Head problem
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@att.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 16:06:05 -0700
Listers,

I ordered a new control head from TRF. This is the horn push, turn
signal switch and harness that feeds down through the stator tube. The
instructions are rather simple. "After removing the grub screws holding
the old control head and disconnecting the bullet connectors, the
control head can then be withdrawn." In a pig's eye!!! So far we've
broken two of the four wires trying to pull the harness through the
stator tube. It moved about two inches and refuses to budge a millimeter

more. We stopped working on it because I was afraid if I broke any more
of the wires I would never be able to remove it. We sprayed WD-40 down
the tube thinking that it might dissolve the gunk, rust, or whatever is
holding up the old harness from coming out, all to no avail.

Have any of you folks had this problem? if so what did you do? Ideas
from any quarter are welcome. I am truly baffled.

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3 in fewer and fewer boxes
Palo Alto, CA