Re: State of the Triumphs List

To: thefryes@iconn.net
Subject: Re: State of the Triumphs List
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 19:55:52 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
So who died and left you boss? Once again some of us are taking life a little
too seriously. Next thing you know we'll have guideline and rules, fines and
suspensions. Just like TV all ya gotta do is turn the dial. I, for one, enjoy
the information, banter and camaraderie of this list and the BIOS have told
me a lot about the people I have corresponded with during the past few years.
Rather than beat on people about their "father who owned a MG 30 years ago"
we should be thankful that people are willing to share their LBC related
history with the rest of us.

It's not the cars! It's the whole mechanical and emotional experience that
makes us want to maintain our sense of belonging to the Triumph mystique.
That mystique involves people as well as their vehicles. If we just looked at
them as machines with no emotional attachment they'd be recycled by now and
we'd be driving Miatas.

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
KC79746L