Re: * Abandon Ship *

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: * Abandon Ship *
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 09:34:08 +0100
Cc: KTRIUMPH@aol.com

In a message dated 8/16/99 12:17:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
wbrazinski@mediaone.net writes:

<< Here's the problem.  After about 5 mins (or less) the radiator overflows
and
 water comes out of the overflow pipe.  The cap never seems to get that hot,
 but the thermostat housing does.  Temperature on the gauge (never verified)
 rises quickly past the middle.  I don't think I have run it long enough to
 see it stabilize yet.  I just rebuilt from the head up, and I'm pretty sure
 the head gasket is on the right way.  All the radiator hoses are new.  I
 think the valve to the heater is open.  Could I have an air pocket or
 something.  Refilled the radiator to within one inch of the top.  Any
 ideas?? >>

If you're talking TR3 or 4, sounds to me like the dreaded "too short radiator
cap" once again.  Axe me how I know about THAT ONE,  One blown head gasket
later.
Richard