Re: TR-3A fender attachment

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-3A fender attachment
From: Frank de Kat <fdekat@sentex.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 15:20:52 -0400
At 03:49 PM 08/08/99 -0700, Dennis & Bridget Lambert wrote:

>As they say on the radio talk shows..."long time listener (three weeks),
>first time caller...
>
>When I removed the front fenders from my 61 TR-3A, there was a thin
>rubber strip between the fenders and the inner valance, where the bolts
>attached the fender to the valance (these are the fender bolts you can
>see when looking at the engine compartment).

When I removed my TR6 fenders (Both front & back) it had the same stuff
inbetween.
I think the intent of the stuff is to keep water & crud from settling in
between the two parts.
The same stuff is available from 3M (Not sure what it's called), and is a
common typpe of bodyshop supply. Probabaly form others too.
It comes sort of like long sticks of 'baseball card gum', sometimes with a
backing paper.
It is sort of more gooey than rubber, but not as soft as caulking.

Hope this helps a bit...

Frank de Kat
fdekat@sentex.net
Dundas, Ontario, Canada