TR3-A Slow clutch

To: "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3-A Slow clutch
From: "Andy Dixon" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 18:12:56 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
I have a clutch that acts similar to an automatic; I can pop the clutch and
it slides in slowly, just like I was taking off normally (well, a little
slower).
I know I'm going to get the answer I don't want but here goes.
Rebuilt the master and slave and blew compressed air through the rubber hose
(why not the metal pipe I don't know).  Clutch action when disengaging is
smooth and immediate, yeah it grinds a little going into gear but so did the
'3 I saw at Bowie. I laid under the car and used a HUGE pair of slip joint
pliers (the real name will come to me) and moved the lever on the fork, lots
of tension and moved back quickly.
The car sat for several years before I bought it.
Is it likely I have a blockage in the metal pipe that restricts the flow of
fluif (sorry had to do it) back to the master? Or, has oil/grease on the
sleeve that the Throw-out bearing carrier rides on gotten sticky, slowing
the return of said carrier as it engages the clutch? Or, (pregnant pause)
might it be some other gremlin? (whoops, sorry, different car all together -
why would someone call a car "Gremlin"? - never mind; don't answer!!!)