Re: TR3 Cooling (fwd)

To: "George Richardson" <gprtech@frontiernet.net>, "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: TR3 Cooling (fwd)
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 99 11:11:05 -0700
Cc: "Scions of Stanpart" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Vintage Triumph Register general list" <vtr@autox.team.net>, "Mike Joseph" <ovw@hgo.net>
Since no one rushed forward to answer the question...

I have an electric fan on my TR3A.

I did not think there was space downstream so I mounted it in front as a
pusher.

I measured the width of the radiator and got the largest that would fit
width wise.  This meant it was a little too tall.  I cut a notch out in
the bottom of the front apron so that the bottom of the fan sits a little
below it.  I saved the cut out piece in case I ever wanted to remove the
fan and set up for concourse.

The fan is mounted directly to the fins as is the temp sensor.  I placed
the sensor close to the inlet at the top of the radiator.  The control
box is under the top left edge of the apron.  This keeps it mostly out of
site and makes for a short wire run for the wire that connects to the
ignition side of the coil primary.

I have a hidden switch under the instrument panel to set the fan on
normal or to keep it running until cool with the ignition off.

I found it to be an easy conversion.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

Walk in harmony with the earth and all her creatures and you will create
beauty wherever you go.