Re: Spitfire door hanging.

To: Ian Frearson <frearji@montevallo.edu>
Subject: Re: Spitfire door hanging.
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:04:45 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ian,
There is quite a bit of adjustability in the door hinges.  To do this,
you need to open the bonnet and loosen (but not remove) the three bolts
holding the two hinges on.

This will allow the door to be moved forward to obtain more clearance at
the rear.  Trial and error will allow you to obtain the proper
clearance.

If in getting the rear of the door adjusted, you find that the gap at
the front (between the bonnet and the door edge) is too small and the
door does not open without contacting the bonnet, you will have to
adjust the bonnet hinges and slide it forward as well.

Good luck,
Joe Curry

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer