RE: TR6 twin vs. single pipe exhaust

To: The List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 twin vs. single pipe exhaust
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 13:52:59 +0100
Usual freeflow headers are six in two or rather two times three in two.
In mild steel they usually last for about six years.
They are available in stainless but this leads to them fracturing easier.
Both of them are louder, but you can wrap them with heatwrap which will
insulate them from your engine compartment and will dissipate heat to the
exhaust as well.
They are a lot lighter than the stock manifold. they are cheaper and
eliminate the need for a downpipe. They will give you additional power as to
a superior design over a stock cast manifold.
Reminds me that I have a cast manifold that I want to flog, any takers? (UK)

More questions?