Re: GT6 restoration/thanks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 restoration/thanks
From: LBPB1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 07:04:57 EDT
Hi List!
          Thanks for the ideas on the door gap problem. I was aware that the
door from different cars are not always the same even from the same year. The
pass. door is original the drivers side is not. Both have the same gap. I
also took into account the fact that the body is unsupported and without
floors. The gap is the same and almost correct at the back of the doors and
at the bottom. There are still good tops to the rockers so I dont think the
"box" can move too much in that direction. It could twist though if there was
any force like that, but there is not. I checked two friends cars and thier
doors have  gaps that are only just a bit smaller. I guess in the 6 or so
years of driving Japaneese metal I got used to things fitting with less gap.
So I guess I will slot the hinges a bit to even up the door gap as much as
poss. It will be nice to have the option later anyway. The idea of putting in
cross tube support to hold the car in place while I remove rusty metal is a
good one and I planned to do just that when I take out the rest of the
rockers. Many thanks!
           I also asked if anyone had used the Hitaki(sp) SU carbs from a
240Z on a GT6. One person said that mounting plates were available. Does
anyone know from where?
           As always you guys have been a great help! I am sure I will have
more questions in the future. THANKS AGIAN!

PLB3