re: Painting a British Flag on a TR6 Boot Lid

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: re: Painting a British Flag on a TR6 Boot Lid
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:44:24 -0400
Message text written by Bud Rolofson
>Any painters or creative individuals out there that can tell me how to
paint a
British flag on a spare boot lid that I have for my TR6. <

one way is as follows.
1) get the proper color paints (quarts or less should do)
2) while at the paint store get spray masking.  (its like masking tape but
you spray it on)
3) spray the area with masking.
4) carefully cut the masking and  remove only where you want to paint. (ONE
COLOR)
5) spray that color.
6)  when dry respray over entire area. cut new area for next color.
7) spray that color. and repeat for each color.

or look in yellow pages under sign makers. see if they will do a cut vinyl
pattern that you can apply.

or e-mail me dirrect and I'll see if I can help.

the arthur   (kissing a lot of frogs, to find a princess) >;-}
kit car aka 69 GT6
82 XJ6  Jaguar
boxy thing on wheels aka ford aerostar