Re: Painting a British Flag on a TR6 Boot Lid

To: Bud Rolofson <Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov>
Subject: Re: Painting a British Flag on a TR6 Boot Lid
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:38:36 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Bud Rolofson wrote:

> I've seen them on the tops of Mini-Coopers, etc. and always wondered how they
> did them.

I'm pretty sure that the Mini Union Jack is a big (expensive) sticker that
you peel & stick onto the white roof of the Mini.

You could probably do it with masking tape, but it would be tricky (and
might take a few weeks, as the paint should harden between masks, you need
3 or 4 color shoots)

My suggestions:

Get a luggage rack and wrap the Union Jack around it.  Or, stick it in the
back window (a local fella has done this with a Canadian flag and his
Econoline).

Oh So Long Ago I mused on the idea of having a computer program that would
allow you to paint, modify, and dress-up your car to see what it would
look like.  Now I wish I'd finished it... someday, someday...

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm