Local car shows

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Local car shows
From: Hugh R McAleer <vitesse@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 15:56:19 -0400
Cc: brandonbirath@juno.com, ranamy@msn.com, minimn@aol.com, WENPHIL3@aol.com, two50@hotmail.com, tomhorvat@mindspring.com, parts@mfcp.com, steviemac@CTC.Net, bonusround@juno.com
Just curious if anyone else has the Saturday night hot rod drive in shows
in their area ?  ( lack of a better term )

There are several in this area and a few of us LBCers have been going to
one at a drive in called GTO's on the south side of Atlanta for a few
months now.

This past Saturday there were about 100 cars show up.  Your usual run of
Mustangs, Camaros Chevelles, T-buckets, 55-57 Chevys etc.

We also had the biggest showing of LBCs yet! There a '72 TR6, a Spitfire
1500, my TR250, another TR250, a Bugeye Sprite, a Sunbeam Alpine, and a
right hand drive Mini show up.  There was also a MG Midget with a 350
chevy in it and a MGB with a 350 chevy in it...that had what must have
been 10 wide slicks under the back of it, but we don't talk much about
that!

It was really pretty neat watching all the long looks the Mini was
getting, and standing off to the side and listening to the really funny
comments, especially when the lookers realized that the steering wheel
was on the 'wrong side'.  I think the Mini grabbed more attention then
most any other single car there!  We measured off the Mini and compared
it against the Legends race cars there and the Legends cars are bigger!

A bit of fun.

Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA

Or get full, reliable Internet access from Juno Web!
Download your free software today: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagh.