Re: TR6: Engine Pulling

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6: Engine Pulling
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 06:48:49 -0800
I knew a guy years back that holed a piston in his '71 TR6 and had to swap
motors... my dad and I did an extremely "low budget" rebuild on a motor we
had in a parts car for him.

But, by some feat of magic, he was able to remove the engine without the
gearbox.  I have no idea how he did it, but I did see the car with the
engine out and the gearbox still sitting there, the bellhousing supported
by a coat hanger or some such thing.

It seems like making a lot of work for yourself to remove the motor with
the 'box still in the car... pulling both together is much easier.

I just wanted to point out that apparently, it IS possible!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6