TR6 Brake Pipe

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Brake Pipe
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:44:46 -0500
Hope it's warmer where you are than it was today in Central PA!!

With my suspension rebuild I needed to replace the right side
rear brake hose from the wheel cylander to the flexible hose. I
ordered a replacement from TRF and they were expecting their
new stock in any day (they have gotten much better).  The steel
brake pipe arrived a week later.

This weekend I bent the pipe to match the original (I must say I
did a good job for a first timer) and low and behold the new pipe
was exactly 2" longer than the original, thus not allowing for a fit
to the flexible hose coupling.  I spoke to customer
service today and they consulted with Dave. I gave them the
measurement of a straight new pipe (yes, I bought 2 just to
be safe) and it was 18 1/4".  They checked the stock and indicated
that this was correct and that they have been buying these for years.
The suggestion I was given was to add a larger bend to take up the
extra 2".

 Now I'm not comlaining about TRF, they were very polite and tried to
help.  My question is has anyone else experienced this with replacement
pipes?  Is anyone ambitious enough to go out to their early TR6 and
measure the brake pipe with a string and see if it is 16 1/4" or
18 1/4"?

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA