Stator tube wire removal HELP!!!

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stator tube wire removal HELP!!!
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:05:29 EST
I picked up a used stator tube with the wires still inside.  The lower end
wires had dry and broken insulation so they needed to be removed.

I attempted to pull the wire out and only succeeded in breaking them off.
Then I tried to pull from the upper end and broke some off the length off.  I
then attempted to twist the upper end and broke little more off.  I've tried
heating with a torch to no avail.  Now I am down to about 2 inches of wire
sticking out and need more options.  Does anyone have a suggestion???

If I'm unable to remove the wire, I'll get some tubing and use the existing
stator as a template to make another stator tube.

Thanks in advance,
GAry Bouffard
TS 58399 59 TR3A