Re: TR Colour Time

To: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR Colour Time
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 23:30:38 -0800
Cc: koblinger@linkline.com, jgillis@tcd.ie, Triumphs@autox.team.net
There has been quite a bit of controversy over Ice Blue, and I think it
is due to something I discovered in reviewing my paint files this
weekend.  Apparently the name was re-used in 1973 and shows up as paint
code 116 (PPG mix code 14608).

I haven't seen a paint chip on this color but based on what I have read
over the past few days, I'd be willing to bet that it is not the light
green color I have been seeing described for the TR2 and TR3.

I plan to take another trip this week to the Paint supplier and
investigate further.

Regards,
Joe Curry

--