RE: TR Colour Time

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "John Gillis" <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Subject: RE: TR Colour Time
From: philpatt@kalamazoo.net
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 08:02:22 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
> ICE BLUE, I am not sure what this colour is like, I am guessing similar to
> Sky Blue

Hi John.

My TR2 was originally Ice Blue.  I received from the list, a PPG paint code
for Ice Blue and had a sample made up at the local auto paint store.  Their
idea of Ice Blue is a nice light blue.  Until recently, I didn't know how
wrong their color is.

After removing my TR2's stone guards, I found a sample of original paint,
still somewhat shiney.  It's impossible to describe properly.  Also, after
cleaning 45 years of Texas Dirt from the inner fender well, I found it to
have never been repainted (apparently, when the car was painted red, the
fenders were left on, thus the underside was never touched).  So, I now have
lots of samples of Ice Blue.

But.  I currently have pictures of the wheel wells in the camera.  I have
only developed photos of the fender under the stone guard.  I have yet to
setup the web page that will ultimately have this picture, but I put it up
so you can see.  The only downside is I used a halogen work lamp for extra
light, and it gave the picture a different hue.   It'll be about a month
before I get a chance to get a better, natural light photo, so this will
have to do for now.

Anyways, here's the link to the photo I do have.

http://www.geocities.com:80/MotorCity/Track/2890/tr2_new10.jpg

It's an interesting color, to say the least.  Let me know what you think of
it.
I hope this is helpful.

Phil Pattengale
54 TR2  - TS1440-LO {project #1}