Re: How big a job is it to replace seat foam?

To: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How big a job is it to replace seat foam?
From: Jim Jones <jonesj1@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 20:41:31 -0500
At 09:34 AM 2/7/99 -0500, you wrote:

>My 76 TR6 seats are continually dropping crumbs of seat foam.  In
>addition, the seats are a little saggy.  I have purchased new seat
>diaphragms but have not yet installed them.  Considering the
>disintegrating foam and the crumb issue, would I be better off to do the
>seat foams at the same time I go in for the diaphragms?
>
>How big a job is it?  At times I can be a real hack.  Should I buy the
>foam kits and have it done by a pro or is this something that not even I
>could screw up?
>
>Jack Radley
>76TR6

Jack,
Completely redid my seats about two yrs ago diaphragms, back webbing, foam
and covers.  Stripped and painted the frames at the same time.  I'll admit
to a week or two of trying, testing and thinking on the first one.  After
that the second one was a one day thing.  Make sure you have a good supply
of clip, hog rings and the clips for the back.  Their not always all there
on the old seats or in good condition.  See the results at
www.toad.net/~jonesj1.

Good Luck
Jim