Re: Exhausted!

To: daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com
Subject: Re: Exhausted!
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:04:58 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 09/02/99 09:15:59 GMT, you write:

<< Hi Leon,
        While I don't doubt this, about 4 years ago, a friend had an
 impossible-to-fit system from the TSSC for his Herald 13/60. I think it
 was a sports or semi-sports system, which he ended up getting fitted at
 Bells, who manufactured the system in the first place! They had to bend
 it in several places to get it to fit, and claimed this was a result of
 the design being commonised for Spitfire and Herald (no, I didn't
 understand that either!).
        I've been very happy with the system on my 1200 saloon, a standard
 system in stainless from John Kipping. All in price was about 100
 pounds, and I've had 4 years trouble free! Nice exhaust note too!
        Cheers,
                Bill. >>
That's interesting, but I don't understand that answer either ?
Surely the Herald system should be at least 5 or 6 inches longer than the
Spitfire ?
I also happen to know that TSSC sells different systems for Herald 1200 and
13/60 cars, so are most unlikely to sell the same systems for Herald and
Spitfire ???
As I said, problems will always occur even with the best products!

I got some Lucas Ignition parts recently, as spares for my Vitesse.
First I went to Halfords,(close) and got two sets of contact points and one
condensor.
That's all they had.

Then I went to TSSC and got Dizzy Cap, another condensor and a rotor arm.
I said what I wanted and got the parts in Lucas (green) boxes, the rotor arm
that came was the long one, although I wanted the short one, (it was in the
box intended for the short one!), I called them and they sent me a short one,
(in the same numbered box), and the brass piece is moving around slightly on
the black plastic piece...so I will be taking both rotor arms back until I can
get a short one which doesn't move around.
Just as example of how difficult it can be just to get a few simple parts,
even when the purchaser knows exactly what they want, and the vendor tries
their best to supply the correct parts!!!

So what chance with exhausts ?
Luckily you live near to Swindon and Bells !!!

Best Regards
Leon