Re: Exhausted!

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Subject: Re: Exhausted!
From: Bill Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 09:15:16 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Comments: ( Received on motgate2.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com )
GuyotLeonF@aol.com wrote:

> To the Falcoln exhausts, I recall at the TSSC International show a
> couple of
> years back, a Spitfire 1500 owner was unfortunate to have his original
> exhaust
> system disintegrate at the show, he therefore purchased a Falcoln
> system from
> one of the traders at the show, he bought this in prefeence to the
> TSSC system
> based on price and on the assurance of the trader that it was a good
> fit. He
> paid a club member who is a professional mechanic, at the show to fit
> it for
> him at the show. Four hours later, it was more than obvious that it
> could not
> be made to fit, it was then removed and returned to said trader for a
> full and
> immediate refund.
> The Spitfire owner then went to the TSSC stand and purchased a Bells
> system
> which was fitted to his car in a little under one and a half hours.
> To me that says a great deal.

Hi Leon,
        While I don't doubt this, about 4 years ago, a friend had an
impossible-to-fit system from the TSSC for his Herald 13/60. I think it
was a sports or semi-sports system, which he ended up getting fitted at
Bells, who manufactured the system in the first place! They had to bend
it in several places to get it to fit, and claimed this was a result of
the design being commonised for Spitfire and Herald (no, I didn't
understand that either!).
        I've been very happy with the system on my 1200 saloon, a standard
system in stainless from John Kipping. All in price was about 100
pounds, and I've had 4 years trouble free! Nice exhaust note too!
        Cheers,
                Bill.

--
                            This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup