Re: Spit O/D switch in TR4?

To: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Subject: Re: Spit O/D switch in TR4?
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 00:14:00 +0100
Cc: 1-Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Alan,
I've done that - to my Spitfire...
I fitted a Volvo gear knob and O/D switch - they are very
common in junk yards over here... :-)
They have the same solution with the switch fitted into the
knob - and the one I used had the same shift pattern as the
Spitfire have. I think it came out of a 245 Estate. I had
to make a custom gear shift lever but that was a minor problem.
Regards
/Odd

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4           International liaison secretary,