Fitting diaphram clutch to TR3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fitting diaphram clutch to TR3
From: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 09:52:12 -0500 (EST)
I've read that there are advantages to fitting a diaphram clutch (as used
in a TR4A to a TR3).  Are the advantages in longevity or performance?

My own situation is the following: I'm working on a late TR3A (TS78922L)
and I think I could fit a TR4A flywheel and clutch and be done with the
issue.  What I have on hand is a the TR3A flywheel and a TR4 flywheel, but
I think neither of those can be fitted with a 4A clutch, right?

Part of the advantage of the later clutch would appear to be cost.  I can
now get a 4A 3-in-one Borg and Beck clutch kit from V-B for $119.95.  It
then seems like the smartest thing for me to do is find a 4A flywheel.  Am
I missing something in this plan?

John Middlesworth